Paula Foster, Robarts Scientist
As the leader of the Cellular and Molecular Imaging program at Robarts, Dr. Foster is developing imaging and cell labelling technology that uses ultra-high resolution MRI to detect cells labeled with magnetic nanoparticles. This advanced MRI technology has enormous potential, with limitless applications in a number of diseases and disorders. The Foster lab is currently focused on the use of these techniques to track stem cells used for tissue repair and regeneration and to monitor cancer cell metastasis and immune cells used as cancer treatments.
Research Questions and Disease Implications
- PhD, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario
- MSc, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario
- BSc (Hons), University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario
- Postdoctoral Fellowship, Department of Medical Imaging, University of Western Ontario
- CIBC Support for Breast Cancer Research, $100,000
- RBC Financial Group Young Scientist Award, $200,000
- Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada, A.M. Cuddy Award, $50,000
- Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada, Career Investigator Award
Paula J. Foster, Ph.D.
Scientist, Robarts Research Institute - Imaging
Cellular MRI Program Leader
Associate Professor, Medical Biophysics, The University of Western Ontario
Phone: (519) 663-5777 x24040